Spinach Bread has so much garlic, butter, and cheese flavor plus lots of spinach. It’s like garlic bread on steroids and can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
Goes great with an Italian meal!
What Type Of Bread To Use?
This Spinach Bread is best made with a loaf of French Bread or Italian Bread. You want the outsides to get nice and crispy.
This bread has a secret ingredient that really takes the flavor over the top. A container of Aloutte cheese. I like to use the smoked jalapeno flavor for a little heat but Garlic and Herb flavor works well too or Spinach and Artichoke.
How To Make Spinach Bread
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the Aloutte cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder to the skillet and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut bread in half and spread the spinach mixture on it.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
Add More Flavors
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes for heat.
- Sprinkle on a little Parmesan cheese for more flavor or add 1/2 cup of chopped artichoke hearts to the spinach mixture.
- Use 2 to 3 cloves of fresh minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
Best eaten right away but leftovers can be wrapped in foil and refrigerated. Reheat in a toaster oven or air fryer to crisp it back up.
Drain the spinach well. I let the frozen spinach thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then place the spinach in multiple layers of paper towels so I can squeeze all the water out. A kitchen towel can be used instead of paper towels.
More Awesome Bread Recipes
- Pepperoncini Garlic Bread
- Ranch Garlic Bread
- Jalapeno Beer Bread
- Pizza Monkey Bread
- Artichoke and Crab Dip Bread
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out of it
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container Alouette cheese, I use smoked jalapeno flavor
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and add onion. Cook until softened.
- Add Alouette cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in spinach and remove from heat.Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and place cut side up on prepared baking sheet. Spread spinach mixture on bread and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.Slice and serve.
1 thought on “Spinach Bread”
This looks and sounds so delicious I will have to make this!