Artichoke and Crab Dip Bread is like having your favorite crab dip baked onto some crusty French bread. Makes a great appetizer or accompaniment to a meal. It can even be a meal itself. Just serve with a green salad and you have a filling lunch or dinner.
This bread is wonderfully cheesy. There’s Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and Italian 4-Cheese Blend. That’s a whole lot of cheese.
Not only is this bread wonderfully cheesy, it’s also very rich and creamy with a combination of cream cheese and mayonnaise.
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE AND CRAB DIP BREAD:
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, mozzarella cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, and 1/2 the Parmesan.
- Gently fold in the crab and artichokes.
- Cut French bread in half and spread the crab mixture on it.
- Sprinkle the Italian 4-Cheese Blend and remaining Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes and then broil until bubbly and golden in spots.
WHAT TYPE OF CRAB TO USE?
The type of crab you use can really affect the flavor of this cheesy crab bread. For best results, use fresh crab. My favorite to use is lump crab, but it is pricy. Backfin crab or special crab are good substitutes. Canned, shelf-stable crab can also be used but it will have an inferior flavor.
CAN THIS RECIPE BE MADE IN ADVANCE?
Yes, you can do all the steps except baking the bread up to 8 hours ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to bake it.
You can use either water-packed artichoke hearts or oil packed.
Ciabatta or Italian bread can be used instead of French.
Best eaten right away but will keep for a day or two in the refrigerator and can be reheated in an oven, toaster oven, or air fryer.
More Awesome Crab Recipes:
Artichoke and Crab Dip Bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can crab meat or 8 ounces fresh crab meat
- 1 cup shredded Italian Four Cheese Blend
- 1 loaf French bread
- chopped fresh parsley, opitional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, mozzarella cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and 1/2 cup Parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Fold in crab meat and artichoke hearts.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise and place on a baking sheet cut side up. Spread crab mixture evenly on the two halves.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan and the Italian Four Cheese on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn broiler on and broil until cheese is bubbling and turning golden brown in spots.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Artichoke and Crab Dip Bread”
So good ! I have made this this last 2 Christmas Eves. Everyone loves it. Tonight I used the filling to make stuffed mushrooms too.
Question, can I freeze the leftover filling ?
Easy and delicious