Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole is a wonderful combination of bagels, Italian sausage, spinach, eggs, and three kinds of cheese. This breakfast casserole has so much flavor.
Best of all it can be prepped the night before. Then in the morning you just have to pop it in the oven for 45 minutes.
There’s quite a bit of milk and half-and-half in this casserole. Combined with the eggs, it creates a custardy texture on the bottom, but the top gets wonderfully golden and crispy with all that melted cheese.
I LOVE using bagels for a breakfast casserole. Because they are so dense and chewy, they give the casserole a lot of texture which is a nice contrast to the creaminess of the casserole.
The best part of this recipe is the dollops of cream cheese on top. They add so much creaminess and richness. Cream cheese is a must whenever bagels are involved and it is such a good addition to this breakfast casserole.
Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole:
- You can use breakfast sausage for this recipe, but I think Italian sausage pairs especially well with Everything bagels.
- For proper casserole texture, use bagels that are stale.
- Plain bagels can be used if you add a teaspoon of Everything Bagel seasoning.
This Everything Bagel Casserole is a hearty meal that’s perfect for feeding a houseful of people.
More Breakfast Recipes For a Crowd:
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Sausage and Cheese English Muffin Casserole
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 1 pound mild or hot Italian sausage
- 2 large Everything Bagels, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Place the bagel pieces in the prepared baking dish.Scatter the spinach evenly over the bagel pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, half-and-half, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Stir in both cheeses. Pour egg mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- Add the sausage, spreading it evenly on top.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and scatter them evenly on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?