Eggs Benedict Casserole is a wonderful make-ahead breakfast casserole made with English muffins, Canadian bacon, eggs, asparagus, and Hollandaise sauce. This easy recipe gets rave reviews!
Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole
Eggs Benedict Casserole is an easy to make savory bread pudding with all the flavor of Eggs Benedict.
Who doesn’t love Eggs Benedict? It always feels like a treat to order it at a restaurant and I occasionally make it at home. I especially like this Southern Eggs Benedict recipe with pulled pork.
But making all the different components and assembling them can be tedious, especially cooking the poached eggs.
Well, good news. For this Eggs Benedict Casserole, there’s no need to poach eggs or pre-cook them in any way. They get whisked together with milk and poured over the casserole and they cook as the casserole bakes in the oven.
And yet, I swear this casserole still has that poached egg flavor.
English muffins are cut into pieces and layered with lots of chopped Canadian bacon and asparagus. You can leave the asparagus out, but I love any chance I can get to eat asparagus with Hollandaise sauce.
I’ve used Hollandaise sauce made from packets to pour over the casserole, but if you want to go to the trouble of making homemade, it will taste even better.
The whole casserole gets assembled the night before, refrigerated overnight, and then baked in the morning.
Perfect for a holiday brunch or a special weekend breakfast when you have guests over.
With this easy casserole you have all the flavor of Eggs Benedict without slaving over the stove all morning. Just pop it in the oven, drown it in Hollandaise sauce and let everyone help themselves. Leftovers reheat well too.
Try These Other Breakfast Casseroles:
How To Make Eggs Benedict Casserole Video
Eggs Benedict Casserole
- 6 English muffins, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (6-ounce) packages Canadian bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 slices baby swiss cheese, cut into thin strips
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 (1.25-ounce) packets of hollandaise sauce mix, made according to package directions
- Lightly grease a 9X13-inch baking dish.
- Spread half of English muffin cubes in bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle half of Canadian bacon and half of asparagus on top of English Muffin cubes.
- Scatter swiss cheese pieces on top of asparagus and Canadian bacon.
- Repeat with remaining English muffin cubes, Canadian bacon, and asparagus.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika together.
- Pour evenly over casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake covered for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and green onions on top and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve with hollandaise sauce.
Recipe originally published January 23, 2016
More Eggs Benedict Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.