Easy Hamburger Gravy- this old-fashioned comfort food recipe makes an economical family meal. Wonderfully creamy, it tastes great served over mashed potatoes or noodles.
Easy Recipe Made With Simple Pantry Ingredients.
This recipe can be made in just 15 minutes. I love recipes that turn a pound of ground beef into a family meal. The recipe uses simple pantry ingredients you are likely to have on hand. Garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and beef bouillon paste add tons of flavor to this creamy gravy.
How To Serve
I love this gravy served over mashed potatoes but it is also great over white rice or egg noodles. You can even serve it on toast for breakfast. This is an especially great way to serve leftovers.
To make a super quick and easy meal, serve over refrigerated mashed potatoes. I like to use Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes. They taste (almost) as good as homemade and only take minutes to heat in the microwave.
In addition to serving with mashed potatoes or rice, I also like a side of green peas or green beans. A side of 3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuits is great too.
Is This Dish Spicy?
This dish does not have any spice added. To add some heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Easy Hamburger Gravy Recipe Tips
I recommend using 93% lean ground beef. If you use a fattier ground beef, drain the grease after you brown the meat.
Add more milk if you want a thinner gravy.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave. You may need to add some milk when you reheat it. Use either whole milk, evaporated milk, or half-and-half.
More Ground Beef Recipes
- Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- BBQ Ground Beef Biscuit Cups
- Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole
- Beef Chimichangas
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Add ground beef to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and then add the onion.
- When beef is no longer pink, add the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon, butter and flour. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups of milk.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.If too thick, add up to 1/2 cup of additional milk.
Want to Save This Recipe?