Easy Chicken and Spinach Casserole- only 8 ingredients needed to make this super easy creamy casserole with a cheesy cracker crumb topping.
Quick and Easy To Assemble
To assemble the casserole, just mix all ingredients (except cracker crumbs and cheese) in a large bowl. This step can be done up to 24 hours in advance, making dinner time a breeze.
- 4 Chicken Breasts– cooked and chopped. You can either bake them or poach them in advance or purchase cooked chicken breasts from the deli of your grocery store.
- 2 Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach– thaw them and squeeze out the water so your casserole isn’t watery. I like to thaw the spinach by putting it in the refrigerator a day or two in advance.
- Mayonnaise– makes the casserole extra creamy. Sour cream can be used instead.
- 2 Cans Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup– cream of mushroom soup can be used instead.
- Lemon Juice– some acidity perks up the flavors.
- Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese– Colby Jack, Pepper Jack, or Swiss can be used instead.
- Ritz Crackers– make a buttery, crunchy topping.
Bake in the Oven
Once all the ingredients are mixed, transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese and cracker crumbs on top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Want It Spicy?
If you want to add some heat to this casserole, mix in 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
How To Serve
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
More Chicken Casseroles
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and excess water squeezed out
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup coarsley crushed Ritz crackers
- Lightly grease a casserole dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.You can use either a 7×11 or 9×13-inch dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together chicken, spinach, mayonnaise, cream of chicken soup, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Spread mixture in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese and crackers on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.