Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is an easy casserole made with cornbread stuffing and two types of cheese. With chicken and broccoli in every bite, it’s a filling meal the whole family will love.
Casseroles are one of my favorite things to make for a family meal. They are economical, feed a crowd, and leftovers reheat well.
This Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole can be assembled in 10 to 15 minutes and then it just needs 30 minutes to bake.
Start by sauteing some diced boneless chicken breast and chopped onion. You don’t need to worry about getting the chicken cooked all the way through. It will finish cooking in the oven.
Mix the chicken and onion together with a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and a can of condensed Broccoli Cheddar Soup. The soup will add even more broccoli and cheese flavor to the casserole.
Just add the cans of soup undiluted, straight out of the can.
For cheese, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 5 slices of American cheese cut into pieces, plus a bag of thawed frozen broccoli and some cornmeal stuffing mix. As with the soup, add the stuffing mix straight out of the box or bag, without adding anything to it.
Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. So easy!
More Chicken Casseroles
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Divan Casserole
- Chicken and Asparagus Casserole
Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 medium sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can condensed broccoli cheddar soup undiluted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated or shedded Parmesan cheese
- 5 white American cheese slices, cut into thin strips
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) box cornmeal stuffing mix I use Stovetop
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter over medium high heat in a large pan. Add chicken and onion and cook just until chicken is lightly browned and onion is soft. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Transfer chicken and onion to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir.Note: You'll want to season the broccoli with some salt and pepper before adding it.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.