Chicken (or turkey), broccoli, and cheese combine to make a creamy and delicious Chicken Divan Casserole. Topped with a buttery and crispy Ritz cracker topping, this easy casserole makes a mouth-watering meal any night of the week.
Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner you may want to make this Chicken Divan Casserole with leftover turkey.
Two cans of cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise make this casserole super creamy. White wine (you can sub chicken broth), lemon juice, tarragon, onion powder, and paprika provide plenty of flavor.
Use either fresh or frozen broccoli.
I’ve used a crushed Ritz cracker topping (my favorite casserole topping) but you could use crushed potato chips or panko crumbs instead. You could also try some leftover crumbled dressing (stuffing) on top. That would be delicious!
Chicken Divan Casserole is sure to become a family favorite!
How To Serve
This casserole is really creamy and rich and it tastes great served over white rice or egg noodles.
The casserole can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance. Then it just needs to be popped in the oven for 40 minutes and dinner is ready.
More Delicious Chicken Casseroles
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole– so spicy and good!
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole– a retro favorite.
- King Ranch Chicken Casserole– layers of corn tortillas, cheddar cheese, and a creamy chicken mixture.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole– all the ingredients of chicken cordon bleu: chicken, ham, swiss cheese all baked together over white rice.
- White Chicken Enchilada Casserole– full of diced, cooked chicken, black beans, cheese and diced green chilies.
- Mexican Chicken Cornbread Casserole
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, use 1/2 teaspoon if you just want a light curry flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken or turkey, I usually use a rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers, can also use homemade bread crumbs or Panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9X13-inch pan or any casserole dish you would use to make a family size casserole.
- In a medium bowl combine cream of chicken soup, mayonnaise, white wine, lemon juice, curry powder, tarragon, onion powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Add chicken, broccoli, and 1/2 cup cheese and stir well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, remaining cheese and melted butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole.
- Place in oven and bake 40 minutes.
- If desired, serve with rice or egg noodles.
If you are adding raw broccoli to the casserole, cut it into small pieces, especially the stems and it will have just a little crunch left when cooked.
You could also use frozen broccoli that has been defrosted.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted November 25, 2014.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.