Crockpot Cabbage and Kielbasa cooks low and slow until the cabbage soaks up tons of flavor from the sausage. A delicious one pot meal.
How To Serve Crockpot Cabbage and Kielbasa
This recipe makes a meal on its own with a side of cornbread or it makes a great side dish with chicken, pork or steak.
In addition to cabbage and smoked sausage, there’s also onion, potatoes, and chicken broth. If you want to make it spicy add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
Little Prep Work
This is a super easy recipe to make with little prep work. You just have to brown the sausage, slice the onion, cabbage and potatoes, and add everything to the slow cooker.
How Long To Cook
It needs to cook for about 6 hours on LOW. Be sure to cut the potatoes fairly small. They take a long time to get soft in a slow cooker. It’s also best if you stir everything halfway through the cooking time so it cooks evenly.
You will need a nonstick skillet and a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. The cabbage will take up alot of room initially but it cooks down considerably.
Crockpot Cabbage and Kielbasa Recipe Tips
You can leave out the potatoes and just use cabbage, sausage and onion. Without the potatoes, it makes a great low carb meal.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme for additonal seasoning.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
More Cabbage Recipes
- Smothered Cabbage and Potatoes
- Old-Fashioned Cabbage Casserole
- Crock Pot Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Tex-Mex Cabbage Soup
- Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage
- Slow Cooker Cabbage and Stewed Tomatoes
- Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium cabbage head, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Brown the sausage in a nonstick skillet.
- Place onion, potatoes and cabbage in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place sausage on top. Pour in chicken broth.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cut butter into pieces and sprinkle on top.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring halfway through. (If you're not home to stir, don't worry about it.)
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.