Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole is full of cheese, shredded chicken, corn, black beans, and tortillas cooked in a red enchilada sauce.
Just 2 simple steps to make this delicious Mexican dinner.
First, slow cook 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in red enchilada sauce for 7 hours on LOW or 5 hours on HIGH.
Next, shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add 9 corn tortillas that have been cut in strips, a cup of black beans, a cup of canned corn, some sliced olives, and 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle with another 1 1/2 cups of Mexican cheese and top with a few more olives. Cover and cook on LOW for 45 minutes..
Turn the crock pot off and let it sit for about 10 minutes with the lid off before you dish it up. This will allow for some of the liquid to be absorbed and it will be more casserole like.
If you want this crock pot casserole to be spicy, use “HOT” Enchilada Sauce or add a teaspoon or two of Cholulu Hot Sauce to the crock pot when you cook the chicken and then serve the casserole with extra hot sauce.
I love that you don’t even have to layer the tortillas like you do with most enchilada casseroles. Just cut them into strips and stir them into the casserole. It doesn’t really matter what size your strips are. You just need to be able to stir them into the chicken mixture.
What to serve with Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole?
More Slow Cooker Casseroles:
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (28-ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 9 corn tortillas, cut in strips
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1 small can sliced black olives, draained
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Place chicken breasts in a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour enchilada sauce over them. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or on LOW for 7 hours.
- Remove lid. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Add tortillas, beans, corn, half the olives and half the cheese. Stir to mix evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and olives on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, turn crock pot off and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.