Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Crisp is a delicious fall dessert cooked totally in a slow cooker. The butterscotch flavor makes this apple dessert irresistible and it comes from a box of cook-and-serve Butterscotch pudding mix. The combination of fresh apples with a chewy, buttery mixture of oats, brown sugar, and fall spices is so, so good.
I like to serve it warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe even a little caramel sauce.
I’ve been using my crock pot just about every day lately. I’m completely in love with it. In the last few months, I’ve made several things with apples in my crock pot including Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal and Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler.
I’m pretty much convinced you can cook just about anything in a crock pot.
I especially like making desserts like this Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Crisp in the crock pot. So easy and so little clean up!
The apples cook low and slow and get wonderfully soft and juicy. As the liquid is released from the apples, it mixes with the flour, brown sugar, oats, spices, and butterscotch pudding mix to make the most delicious apple crisp. It may become your favorite apple dessert!
If you’re looking for another crock pot apple recipe, try this delcious apple butter.
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Subscribe to Spicy Southern Kitchen’s Youtube Channel.
Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Crisp
- 6 cups peeled and sliced apples, Granny Smith work well
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding, just use the dry mix, do NOT prepare pudding
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Place apples in a greased 3 to 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Cut butter into the mixture using a pastry blender or your fingers.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Slow Cooker Desserts
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownies
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
8 thoughts on “Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Crisp”
We loved it! Made a double batch and just started another one. We used Ginger Gold apples.
Can’t find butterscotch cook and serve pudding. Can I use instant? How would vanilla cook and serve with instant butterscotch work? HAVe a bag of apples and i really want to make this.
Any avocado recipes?
How does the topping get “crisp” cooked in crock pot? Looks like its steamed, not crisp.
This is a wonderful recipie! thanks for sharing! My son love it
Apple crisp is one of my favorite deserts! This seem so rich and full of flavor. I cannot wait to try this recipe!
I love apple dishes, one of the only fruits I dont mind being cooked. This recipe looks very appetizing, curious to how it will taste!
Sticky deliciousness!! Screams comfort