Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal has tons of apple flavor and is one of my favorite ways to fix oatmeal in the fall. Once the cooler fall weather sets in, I start to crave a warm bowl of oatmeal. With apples, brown sugar, and apple pie spice, this thick and hearty oatmeal is full of comforting fall flavor.
The apple flavor comes from applesauce and a can of apple pie filling. I love getting all that apple flavor without having to chop up a bunch of apples. This recipe is perfect for when you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen.
I use a 4 1/2-quart crock pot for this Slow Cooker Apple Pie Oatmeal. I think you could use a 6-quart crock pot, but it would need a shorter cooking time.
I cook the oatmeal on LOW for 5 to 6 hours and I stir a few times during cooking. It has a tendency to burn around the edges.
If your crock pot doesn’t run on the hot side, you probably could get away with cooking it for 7 or so hours without stirring. But I would definitely add another 1/2 cup or so of liquid.
This oatmeal does reheat well. Store it for up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. It will thicken up considerably, but just mix a little liquid in and microwave until warm.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups steel cup oats
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- granola for serving, optional
- Coat a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Stir together milk, water, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, apple pie spice, salt, and steel cut oats in the slow cooker.
- Spoon apple pie filling on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours,
- Serve with granola.
More Oatmeal Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.