This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake is super easy- only 3 or 4 ingredients needed. Depending on whether you want nuts or no nuts.
I like nuts. Specifically pecans. I add them to just about everything during the fall months.
Only Three Ingredients
What you’ll need:
- 2 Cans of Pumpkin– NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix– always hard to find close to the holidays so I try to remember to buy some early in the season.
- Butter– I use salted butter.
Quick and Easy To Prep
This delicious fall dessert can be assembled in less than 5 minutes right in the crock pot. No other dirty dishes involved. Just empty 2 cans of pumpkin into a greased crock pot, spread the pumpkin out evenly, sprinkle a box of spice cake mix on top, and then add 2 sticks of butter. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Uncover and stir. Add some pecans if you want a nutty crunch, and cook 1 more hour.
This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake doesn’t totally set up like a cake. It’s more like a pudding cake or bread pudding- warm and gooey. Best eaten with a spoon.
Cooking desserts in my crock pot is something I’ve been doing a lot of. Slow Cooker Lemon Cake, Slow Cooker Brownies, and Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake are a few of my favorites.
How To Serve
Serve Slow Cooker Pumpkin cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe a drizzle of caramel sauce for an unbelievable delicious pumpkin dessert.
More Slow Cooker Desserts
- Crock Pot Peaches and Cream Cake
- Crock Pot Butterscotch Apple Cake
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie
- Crock Pot Pecan Pie
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of pumpkin
- 1 regular-size box of spice cake mix
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup pecans, optional
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- caramel sauce, optional
- Add pumpkin to a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Add the sticks of butter. (No need to mix anything.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours.
- Uncover, stir, sprinkle pecans on top if using. Recover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Willow Bird Baking
Originally published November 9, 2016.
More Pumpkin Desserts
Butterscotch Pumpkin Cake with Butterscotch Icing
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
7 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake”
What would the cooking time be if I doubled the recipe?
Can this be made with canned pumpkin pie “mix “ also?
I think it would come out too sweet Tori since pumpkin pie mix has sugar added to it and the cake mix already has sugar added to it.
I’m 77 years young and live alone and love any good slow cooker recipes
Slow cooker cakes are my savior. Throw it in, let it sit, and come back to dessert for dayssss! This one looks amazing!
Three ingredient cake?! Love it! Especially in line with your belief that pecans go on everything… they’re just the best 🙂
Oh just three ingredients for this slow cooker cake?! SOLD! This looks amazing, Christin! What a great dessert for the holidays!