This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake is super easy- only 3 or 4 ingredients needed. Depending on whether you want nuts or no nuts.
I like nuts. Specifically pecans. I add them to just about everything during the fall months.
This delicious fall dessert can be assembled in less than 5 minutes right in the crock pot. No other dirty dishes involved. Just empty 2 cans of pumpkin into a greased crock pot, spread the pumpkin out evenly, sprinkle a box of spice cake mix on top, and then add 2 sticks of butter. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Uncover and stir. Add some pecans if you want a nutty crunch, and cook 1 more hour.
This Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake doesn’t totally set up like a cake. It’s more like a pudding cake or bread pudding- warm and gooey. Best eaten with a spoon.
Cooking desserts in my crock pot is something I’ve been doing a lot of. Crock Pot Pecan Pie, Slow Cooker Lemon Cake, Slow Cooker Brownies, and Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake are a few of my favorites.
Serve Slow Cooker Pumpkin cake warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and maybe a drizzle of caramel sauce for an unbelievable delicious pumpkin dessert.
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to subscribe.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cake
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of pumpkin
- 1 regular-size box of spice cake mix
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup pecans, optional
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- caramel sauce, optional
- Add pumpkin to a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top.
- Add the sticks of butter. (No need to mix anything.)
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 hours.
- Uncover, stir, sprinkle pecans on top if using. Recover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- Serve warm with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Recipe Source: Willow Bird Baking
More Pumpkin Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.