Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a gorgeous cake isn’t it? So golden with bright red cherries peeping through. This is a wonderful warm weather dessert for those hot days when you don’t want to turn the oven on. Just a few ingredients are needed: butter, brown sugar, a box of yellow cake mix, eggs, Vegetable oil, pineapple rings, and cherries.
A lot of people don’t think of cooking desserts in a crock pot. I’ve made both brownies and pecan pie in the crock pot. I like that you have more leeway with the cooking time when using a slow cooker. It’s very hard to burn anything.
This Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake takes approximately 2 hours to cook. Spray the bottom of the crock pot well with cooking spray and you shouldn’t have any trouble getting the cake out in one piece. The cake is done when it pulls away from the sides a little and is firm in the middle. Let it cool about 15 minutes and then invert it onto a platter.
Mine only takes about 2 hours to cook, but depending on your crock pot, it could take up to 3 hours.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a very sweet dessert with plenty of pineapple flavor. If you want it with a little less sweetness, cut down some on the brown sugar.
Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a large dollop of whipped cream.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple rings in juice, liquid reserved
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Spray bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix together the brown sugar and butter and spread on bottom of slow cooker.
- Arrange pineapple rings on top of brown sugar mixture. Place a cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring as well as in any gaps between rings.
- Add enough water to the reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Use it in place of the water called for on the box of cake mix. Make cake mix according to box directions.
- Pour batter on top of pineapple rings. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove slow cooker insert and place on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto a serving plate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Betty Crocker
More Slow Cooker Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.