This easy to make Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake makes a wonderful picnic or potluck dessert. Since it cooks in the crock pot there’s no need to heat up the kitchen.
Desserts have become one of my favorite things to make in the slow cooker and they are especially convenient for the hot months of the year.. We’ve already had some scorching hot days in South Carolina. It doesn’t do any good to turn the oven on when the air conditioner is already fighting against 90 degree heat outside.
Chocolate and peanut butter is always a winning combination. Especially when there are lots of peanut butter cups involved.
The cake batter is made from a box of chocolate cake mix with peanut butter mixed in. The cake only takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes on HIGH in the crock pot.
Once the cake is done, it is covered with a peanut butter glaze and mini peanut butter cups, the kind that are individually wrapped. I cut them in half and use a large quantity of them, about 26.
Feel free to use as many peanut butter cups as you want. I don’t think there is such a thing as too many peanut butter cups.
Watch the short video below to see how to make Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.
A chocolate and peanut butter flavored cake covered with peanut butter glaze and lots of chopped peanut butter cups.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup fudge sauce
- 26 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped and cut in half
- Spray a 6-quart oval slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cake mix, water, eggs, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and butter on low speed for 30 seconds and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- (If your crock pot runs hot, check after 1 hour and 30 minutes.)
- Remove slow cooker insert and place on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Make glaze. Whisk together peanut butter, milk, and powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Spread on top of cake.
- Sprinkle fudge sauce and peanut butter cups on top.
Adapted from Betty Crocker.
More Slow Cooker Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.