Asian Pasta Salad is coated in a wonderful sesame/soy dressing with a little peanut butter. Full of carrots, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, cilantro and peanuts.
So much flavor in this light and refreshing pasta salad. Makes a great side for grilled chicken or burgers. Works as a light lunch or to bring to a potluck and I love it during the summer months.
This cold pasta salad has lots of added crunch, plus a fablulous salty dressing with a little brown sugar for some sweetness.
Asian Pasta Salad Recipe Tips:
I don’t recommend making this pasta salad too far in advance, but the dressing can be mixed together a few days in advance and the veggies can be prepped ahead of time. I do like to refrigerate it for an hour or two before serving it.
Add some diced chicken or shrimp to make this a one dish meal.
Use any pasta shape you like. Rotini, shells, bowtie, penne, and cavatappi all work well.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
Is this pasta salad spicy?
Crushed red pepper flakes are added for a little heat. Only add 1/4 teaspoon if you want barely noticeable heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon plus a few squirts of Sriracha sauce if you want it spicy.
Try These other Amazing Pasta Salad Recipes:
- Texas Caviar Pasta Salad
- Shrimp and Dill Pasta Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
- Curry Chicken Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Tex-Mex Pasta Salad
- Spicy Horseradish Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, optional
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the water and cook the pasta to al dente. Drain.
- While the water is coming to a boil, make the dressing. Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl.
- As soon as you drain the pasta, add it to the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat.
- Add carrots, red bell pepper, and green onion.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
Want to Save This Recipe?