Toffee Poke Cake is an easy dessert that combines the flavors of chocolate and caramel with lots of toffee bits. Amazingly delicious and so easy to make.
Perfect for any event. Poke cakes are always a crowd favorite. They are so rich and moist and perfectly easy to make.
This cake is so simple to make with a box of cake mix, sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, and Cool Whip.
Ingredients Needed For Toffee Poke Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix– any type of chocolate cake mix, including German chocolate cake mix, can be used. You can even use yellow cake mix if you aren’t in the mood for a chocolate dessert.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Caramel or Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping– either one works or you can use a Caramel-Butterscotch Sauce and get the best of both worlds.
- Cool Whip– or you can use 4 1/2 cups of fresh whipped cream.
- Toffee Bits– they can be found in the baking section of the grocery store. Or you can use chopped Heath bars.
I love that this yummy dessert can be made a day in advance. Really takes the pressure off when you need a dessert for a special occasion.
Toffee Poke Cake Recipe Tips
The back of a wooden spoon is perfect for making the holes in the cake. You want them to be fairly large because the sweetened condensed milk mixture is thick.
Instead of toffee bits, you can use chopped Heath bars.
You want to make this dessert at least 4 hours ahead of time and serve it cold.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
Try These Other Toffee-Flavored Desserts
- Toffee Cheesecake Bars– so much buttery toffee flavor.
- English Toffee Cheesecake– a rich and creamy cheesecake with a Heath bar topping.
- Toffee Bundt Cake– moist, buttery, and sweet with milk chocolate chips and chopped Heath bars.
- Toffee Nut Pie– better than pecan pie.
- Toffee Biscuit Bread Pudding
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9×13-inch pan.Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Poke holes all over cake.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk and half the butterscotch topping into holes.
- Spread Cool Whip on top.
- Sprinkle with toffee bits. Drizzle with a little more butterscotch sauce.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.