Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken- only 5 ingredients needed to make this cheesy and spicy shredded Mexican chicken. Makes a great taco or burrito filling or you can top nachos with it. So easy and flavorful!
Ingredients Needed To Make Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken:
- 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning- use “Hot” if you want to add more heat
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (9-ounce) can jalapeno cheddar cheese dip
- pickled jalapeno pepper slices
The chicken, taco seasoning, and Rotel tomatoes get added to a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Drain off some of the liquid so that the shredded chicken won’t be watery. Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add the can of cheddar cheese dip, cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes to melt the cheese. Stir well and sprinkle with sliced pickled jalapeno peppers.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken:
- Make tacos with hard taco shells or flour tortillas. Add salsa, sour cream, cilantro, and shredded iceberg lettuce.
- Make a burrito. Wrap up in a large flour tortilla with Mexican rice and beans.
- Warm a sheet pan full of tortilla chips in the oven. Then top with shredded Nacho Chicken and salsa.
Try These Other Slow Cooker Mexican Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Tortilla Soup– a great way to stretch 2 chicken breasts into a full meal.
- Crock Pot Chipotle Pulled Chicken– another great spicy pulled chicken recipe.
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (9-ounce) can jalapeno cheddar cheese dip, I use Fritos
- sliced pickled jalapenos
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.Sprinkle with tacos seasoning. Dump the can of Rotel tomatoes on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- If there is a lot of liquid, drain about half of it. Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Add the cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 15 minutes,
- Stir well and sprinkle with pickled japapeno peppers.Serve in tacos, burritos or on nachos.
Want to Save This Recipe?