Slow Cooker Mushroom and Onion Pork Chops are covered in a richly flavored gravy with lots of onions and fresh mushrooms. This slow cooked pork chop recipe is pure comfort food.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Mushroom and Onion Pork Chops
- Onion– yellow, white, or sweet.
- Pork Chops– Use thick-cut, bone-in pork chops for best results. Boneless can be used but make sure they are fairly thick pork chops. Thin pork chops will cook too quickly and get tough.
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder– 2 minced garlic cloves can be used instead.
- Mushrooms– use white or cremini.
- Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup– the combo of these two soups adds just the right flavor. You can use Condensed Cream of Onion soup instead of chicken if you wish.
- Dry Onion Soup Mix– adds flavor and plenty of sodium. I use a Lipton Onion Soup Packet.
Dump and Go Recipe
No need to pre-cook anything or sear the pork chops. Just add everything to the slow cooker and turn it on. Prep time is 10 minutes max, then the slow cooker does all the work for you.
The pork should take approximately 5 to 6 hours on LOW to fully cook, but cooking time can vary based on how hot your slow cooker gets. Newer slow cookers are much hotter than older ones. I don’t recommend cooking pork chops on HIGH. They tend to get tough and chewy and you risk overcooking them.
Why Are My Pork Chops Tough and Chewy?
If your pork chops turn out dry and chewy, they have been over-cooked. Pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. For best results, check early and use an instant-read thermometer. I prefer using pork chops that are both thick-cut and have the bone in. The bone will help keep the pork chop juicy and it adds flavor.
Spice It Up
If you want to add some heat to this recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Apple Cider Pork
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 to 6 bone-in thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup water
- Place diced onion in a lightly greased 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Arrange pork chops on top of onion.Sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Scatter mushrooms on top of pork chops.
- Spread condensed cream of chicken soup and condensed cream of mushroom soup on top of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle onion soup mix on top of soup and pour water on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.