Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pork Roast cooks up fall apart tender with lots of garlic flavor. An easy gravy adds extra flavor. Serve with potatoes and roasted vegetables for a delicious Sunday supper.
A little Cajun seasoning and a few crushed red pepper flakes add just a little zip to this recipe. In addition to garlic, there’s also thyme added for flavor. Rosemary could be used instead.
There’s no need to add any liquid to the slow cooker. The butter will melt and coat the pork and the pork will release its own juices.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pork Roast?
It is important to note that this recipe is made with a pork loin, not pork tenderloin. They are two very different cuts of meat. Pork Loin can also be labeled Center Cut Pork Roast or Center Cut Rib Roast.
Should be done in 5 to 6 hours, but depending on your crock pot and the size of your pork loin, it may take up to 7 hours on LOW. To be sure it is done, use an instant read thermometer and insert it in the thickest portion. It should read 145F.
Let the roast rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
It’s fine to leave the pork in the crock pot on warm after it is done cooking if it is not yet dinnertime.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Try These Other Pork Loin Recipes:
- Hungarian Pork Stew
- Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin
- Bacon-Wrapped Maple Glazed Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin
Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pork Roast
- 1 (3 to 4-pound) boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in slivers
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- Blot roast dry with paper towels. Sprinkle roast with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and sear on all sides. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Scatter the garlic on top of and around pork. Sprinkle the thyme and red pepper flakes over pork.Scatter butter over pork.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
- Pour cooking juices into a medium saucepan. Place cornstarch in a small bowl and add 3 tablespoons of beef broth. Stir until mixed. Pour into saucepan along with remaining beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice pork roast and serve with gravy.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.