Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin cooks up tender and moist in a sweet and tangy apricot glaze. It’s an easy dinner that slow cooks in the crock pot all day.
The crock pot juices get made into a delicious gravy that adds more flavor to the pork and is great with potatoes.
Just Three Steps to Making This Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin.
- Sear the pork.
- Combine the pork and the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours.
- Thicken the crock pot juices with a cornstarch slurry to make an easy gravy.
The glaze/sauce is a simple mixture of apricot preserves, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry mustard, onion, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.
This meal makes an impressive dinner for company, a delicious Sunday supper, or it’s great for a busy weeknight meal.
Tips For Making:
You can use either a bone-in or a boneless pork loin. They cook at about the same rate. Do NOT use a pork tenderloin. They cook much faster.
A pork loin is a big hunk of meat so use plenty of salt and pepper to season it.
If you use a smaller pork loin than is called for, decrease the cook time by at least 1 hour.
Peach preserves or orange marmalade could be used instead of apricot preserves.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin:
- Spicy Collard Greens
- Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Southern-Style Green Beans
- Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes
- Spicy Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes:
Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) pork loin, either boneless or with the bone
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork loin with salt and pepper and brown it on all sides. Place in a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- Add the onion. Stir together the preserves, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and pour over pork loin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Mix together the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Open the corck pot and skim the fat off the top. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir it in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.