Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin cooks up tender and moist in a sweet and tangy apricot glaze. It’s an easy dinner that slow cooks in the crock pot all day.
The crock pot juices get made into a delicious gravy that adds more flavor to the pork and is great with potatoes.
Just Three Steps to Making This Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin.
- Sear the pork.
- Combine the pork and the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours.
- Thicken the crock pot juices with a cornstarch slurry to make an easy gravy.
The glaze/sauce is a simple mixture of apricot preserves, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry mustard, onion, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes.
This meal makes an impressive dinner for company, a delicious Sunday supper, or it’s great for a busy weeknight meal.
Tips For Making:
You can use either a bone-in or a boneless pork loin. They cook at about the same rate. Do NOT use a pork tenderloin. They cook much faster.
A pork loin is a big hunk of meat so use plenty of salt and pepper to season it.
If you use a smaller pork loin than is called for, decrease the cook time by at least 1 hour.
Peach preserves or orange marmalade could be used instead of apricot preserves.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin:
- Spicy Collard Greens
- Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Southern-Style Green Beans
- Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes
- Spicy Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
More Slow Cooker Pork Recipes:
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Spicy Peach Glazed Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Pork Loin
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (18-ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) pork loin, either boneless or with the bone
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork loin with salt and pepper and brown it on all sides. Place in a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- Add the onion. Stir together the preserves, chicken broth, soy sauce, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder and pour over pork loin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- Mix together the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Open the crock pot and skim the fat off the top. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir it in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.