Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops are cooked in a sweet and tangy sauce with onions, peppers, apricot preserves, and soy sauce. Tastes great served over white rice with a side of steamed broccoli or sugar snap peas.
The pork chops cook up perfectly fork tender. The sauce has so much flavor. Brown sugar and apricot preserves add some sweetness. There’s tang from a little apple cider vinegar and some crushed red pepper flakes and chili sauce add some heat to balance the sweetness.
How To Make Slow Cooker Sweet and Tangy Asian Pork Chops
- Season the pork chops and coat in flour. Brown on both sides. Place in slow cooker and place onion and peppers on top.
- Stir together the sauce ingredients. Use the skillet you browned the pork chops in so you don’t dirty a bowl.
- Pour sauce over the pork chops. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- To thicken the sauce, mix in some cornstarch mixed with cold water and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
What Type Of Pork To Use?
I like to use thick-cut bone-in loin chops in the slow cooker. The bone adds extra flavor and helps prevent the pork chops from drying out. The loin chops typically have enough fat in them to keep the pork moist and flavorful.
Try These Other Slow Cooker Pork Recipes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Butter Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Creamy Ranch Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Apricot Glazed Pork Loin
- 4-6 thick-cut, bone-in pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup Heinz chili sauce or ketchup
- 2/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablepsoons cornstarch
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of pork chops in flour.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add pork chops and brown both sides.
- Transfer pork chops to a 6-quart slow cooker. Place onion and bell pepper on top.
- Drain grease out of the skillet. Add the ketchup, preserves, brown sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Stir and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Remove pork chops from slow cooker and place on a platter. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water. Add to slow cooker and whisk in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- To serve, spoon sauce over pork chops.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.