Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers are the ultimate sweet and salty treat. Smooth milk chocolate on the outside covering 2 crispy, buttery crackers with the gooey caramel of a rolo sandwiched in between.
You will have a hard time eating just one.
Rolos are the perfect candy to stuff crackers with because they stay soft and gooey even after cooling. I’ve always like unwrapping these gold covered candies. Haven’t you?
Rolos taste great on their own, but they taste amazing when combined with the saltiness of crackers. Add some more chocolate into the mix and you have what is perhaps my all time favorite snack.
I melted chocolate chips (milk) with a little shortening (helps keep the chocolate from hardening as it cools) to create a chocolate coating- the same way I coat my Buckeye Balls.
You could also use chocolate bark.
Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers can be stored at room temperature once they firm up and will stay fresh in an airtight container for about a week.
They are perfect for an afterschool snack and make a great Christmas candy.
More Sweet and Salty Candy Recipes:
- White Chocolate and Peanut Butter Christmas Crack
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Potato Chip Clusters
Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers
- 44 Ritz Crackers or other buttery round crackers
- 22 rolos, unwrapped
- 2 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Place 22 crackers on the baking sheet, bottom side facing up.
- Place a rolo on the center of each cracker.
- Place in oven for 5-6 minutes, until rolos are soft.
- Working quickly, Place second cracker on top of each one and lightly press down until rolo goes just to the edges. Let cool.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening over low heat, stirring continuously.
- One at a time, dip cracker sandwiches in melted chocolate and place back on parchment paper.
- Refrigerate to firm up the chocolate.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
38 thoughts on “Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers”
Oh my goodness, I love this idea! Rolos stuffed in Ritz crackers sounds amazing! You can’t beat the sweet and salty combo – it looks heavenly!
I can eat an entire sleeve of Ritz crackers by myself and you just made them 1000x better!!! These look delicious, Christin! Pinned!
Wow, these are calling my name.
Oh my! These sound amazing! I cannot turn down sweet & salty treats!
Oh my gosh!! what an amazing recipe! Seriously, these look amazing! Perf combo of salty and sweet!
Sweet + Salt + Caramel-y = Sold!
Oh goodness- wow – you are not kidding – it would be a daunting task to just eat one or two of these- these are the PERFECT balance of sweet and salty! YUM!
Okay, I am officially in love with these crackers. Hooooly yum these are seriously calling my name!
You definitely know how to improve good things and even make them even better!
Yum these look delicious!I love all things sweet and salty. Pinned!
I’m a big fan of Ritz and this recipe is a superb way to use it. Sounds so good! Pinning.
I am in LOVE! I love love love these!!!
I love quick and easy desserts like this one. These look like the perfect combination of sweet and salty and perfect for the holidays too. Pinning this!
Woah, this is SO dreamy <3 I can't handle ..
Looking really really good. Would love some right now 🙂
Oh those look way too incredible!
whaaaaaaaat these sound amazing! i haven’t had a rolo in years and now i can’t imagine anything i want to eat more than one sandwiched between ritz crackers. amazing!
the hobbit kitchen x
We love these…and you are right about the rolls holding their shape. I tried using caramel kisses and we had a huge mess. Thanks for sharing…
I’ve made these crackers before, but never dipped in chocolate! I love this, Christin! Such a fun snack to munch on!