Ranch Cheez-Its- This 5-ingredient recipe makes the perfect salty snack for gameday. These flavored Cheez-Its are similar to seasoned oyster crackers but the cheese flavor makes them even more tasty.
Tips For Making Ranch Cheez-Its
- Vegetable is the best oil to use for this recipe because of its neutral flavor, but you could use canola oil or olive oil.
- Store them in an airtight container and they will last a few weeks. A ziptop bag works well to. They will go stale quickly if they are exposed to too much air.
- You can use plain Cheez-Its or any of the other flavors. I like White Cheddar and Parmesan is another good flavor.
How To Make
To make Ranch Cheez-Its, mix together 1/2 cup of vegetable oil with 1 packet of Ranch seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of dried dill in a large bowl. Gently stir in the Cheez-Its and let them sit for 10 minutes so that the seasoned oil has time to soak into the crackers.
Spread them out on a large baking sheet and bake them at 250 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring them halfway through.
The dill can be left out or you can use 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill.
Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 1 week.
Whether it’s for gameday, a potluck, binging Netflix, or just regular snack time, these Ranch Cheez-Its are the perfect munchie.
More Salty Snacks
- Potato Chip Clusters
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Cake Batter Popcorn
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts
- Alabama Fire Crackers
- Crispy Cheese Wafers
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Ranch seasoning mix, I use Hidden Valley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 (12-ounce) box Cheez-its, I used White Cheddar
- Mix oil, Ranch mix, garlic powder, and dill in a large bowl.
- Mix in Cheez-its and let sit 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spread Cheez-its out on a baking sheet and place in oven for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published December 20, 2019.
4 thoughts on “Ranch Cheez-Its”
These are so easy to make and so delicious! Great finger food snack for holiday parties. (If you can keep your husband out of them!) You can also change the seasoning mix … Fajita, Garlic/Herb, etc to change it up a bit. I love these so much!
Easy to make, and a delicious snack for a Sunday afternoon football game!
So glad you enjoyed it Helen!
Oh, YUM! These were so good. I’ve always used oyster crackers in this recipe, but the Cheez-Its really put them over the top! I even divided the recipe and made half with crushed red pepper flakes for the “I must have my stuff HOT” bunch. LOL!
Thank you for sharing.