Oreo Cheesecake Bars have an oreo crust and tons of chopped oreos in the cheesecake filling. This easy bar dessert is an oreo lover’s dream.
Easy To Make
Cheesecake bars are easier and quicker to make than a regular cheesecake and are great for feeding a crowd. This recipe yields 15 to 16 bars.
- Food Processor– to crush the oreos for the crust. If you do not have one, place the oreos in a large ziptop bag and use a rolling pin or heavy pan to smash them into small pieces.
- Electric Mixer– either hand-held or stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
Make In Advance For Best Results
You need to make the bars at least 5 to 6 hours before serving them so they have a chance to chill and set up completely. Even better, make them a day in advance.
Oreo Cheesecake Bars Recipe Tips
- When making the crust, do NOT remove the cream from the oreo cookies.
- For best results, use room temperature ingredients. The cream cheese and eggs should sit at room temperature for a few hours and remove the sour cream from the refigerator a little in advance too.
- Don’t forget to spray the baking dish with cooking spray. If you wish, you can line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper so that you can lift the bars out of the baking dish easily.
- Cool the bars for at least 1 hour at room temperature before placing them in the refrigerator.
More Cheesecake Bar Recipes
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Buttery Coconut Bars
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars
- Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Oreo Cheesecake Bars
Oreo Cheesecake Bars have an oreo crust and tons of chopped oreos in the cheesecake filling. This easy bar dessert is an oreo lover's dream.
- 28 Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 20 oreo cookies, coarsley chopped
- Whipped cream and whole oreos for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish really well with cooking spray. Set aside.Note: To make it easier to get the bars out of the pan, you can line the pan with aluminum foil and then spray.
- Pulse the 28 oreo cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add the melted butter and pulse until evenly mixed.
- Press the oreo crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.Let cool while you make the filling.
- Place cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until creamy and smooth.Beat in sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Beat in sour cream, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in the chopped oreos.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust, smoothing it out with a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. It should be just a little wobbly in the middle when you take it out.
- Let cool 1 hour and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting into squares.
- Garnish with whipped cream and oreo cookies if desired.
For the crust, do NOT remove the cream from the cookies.