Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars- only 4 ingredients (plus sprinkles) needed for this easy, delicious bar dessert with a creamy cheesecake filling.
These bars are one of my favorite easy dessert recipes. I love to eat them right out of the refrigerator. So cool, soft and creamy.
You need only 4 ingredients- refrigerated sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, an egg, and vanilla extract. You can add sprinkles to decorate them, but they are optional.
The bars are made in an 8-inch pan, but you can easily double the recipe if you’re making a dessert for a potluck or large crowd.
There are just 3 simple steps to this recipe.
- First- spread half the dough in the bottom of a greased 8-inch pan.
- Next beat together the cream cheese, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth and spread it on the bottom layer of cookie dough.
- Thirdly, split the remaining cookie dough into 5 or 6 pieces and flatten them with your hands. Cover the cream cheese layer the best you can with these pieces. Bake for about 30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting. They will firm up a lot as they cool.
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars Recipe Tips:
You want the cream cheese to sit out of the refrigerator for a good long time so that it is close to room temperature. Set the cookie dough and egg out about 20 to 30 minutes ahead of time. You want the cookie dough to soften up some so it is easier to spread, but if it softens up too much it will be harder to spread.
Be careful not to overcook or the cookie dough will burn or get too hard and crunchy. You want to pull the bars out just when the cookie dough starts to get golden and the bars will be wonderfully soft, chewy, and easy to bite into.
Try These Other Delicious Bar Recipes:
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars
- Nutella Fudge Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- S’mores Bars
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to see all our cooking videos.
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- 1 (16.5-ounce) tube sugar cookie dough, almost at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Preheaven to 350 degrees and spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, egg, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the sugar cookie dough in half and spread half of it in the bottom of the baking dish to form a crust.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust.
- Divide the remaining dough into pieces and flatten each piece with your hands. Place the flattened pieces on top of the cream cheese mixture to cover it as much as possible. It will spread out more as it bakes so it doesn't matter if the cream cheese layer isn't completely covered.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sugar cookie dough turns golden. Be careful not to bake for too long. Let cool and then add the sprinkles.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in the refrigerator.