Buttery Coconut Bars have so much butter flavor and are chock full of coconut. This easy recipe is a real crowd pleaser for potlucks and picnics.
Buttery Coconut Bars have a shortbread-type crust topped with a rich coconut layer made with sweetened condensed milk and lots of sweetened shredded coconut.
This recipe is all about the coconut, but I also add vanilla extract and just a touch of almond extract for flavor.
The crust is a simple mixture of flour, brown sugar, and melted butter. It gets pressed into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan and baked for 15 minutes.
No mixer needed for the filling. Just a large bowl and a whisk. It’s a mixture of eggs, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, flour, melted butter, and coconut. The filling gets poured on top of the crust and the pan gets popped back in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Let the bars cool and then cut into squares. Enjoy!
More Coconut Desserts
Buttery Coconut Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until light brown.
- In a large bwol, whisk together eggs, sweetened condensed milk, flour, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Stir in all but 1 cup of coconut. Pour filling on top of crust and sprinkle the remaining coconut over filling.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Like Coconut Desserts? This Coconut Celebration Cake is so easy and delicious! Watch the video below to see how to make it.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.