Mashed Potato Croquettes, made with mashed potatoes, ham, cheddar cheese and ranch seasoning, are the perfect way to give new life to Thanksgiving leftovers. They are crispy on the outside and smooth and creamy on the inside with so much awesome Ranch flavor.
I don’t know about you but we look forward to Thanksgiving leftovers almost as much as the Thanksgiving meal itself. When planning how much food to make for Thanksgiving, I always take into account that we will want it to last us a good 2 or 3 days.
What’s really fun is getting creative with how we serve the leftovers. Since mashed potatoes don’t always reheat well on their own, I like to transform them into these delicious potato croquettes. They are also a delicious way to use up leftover ham, especially when you just have a few bits and pieces of ham leftover.
Walmart is the perfect place for holiday shopping because you can get everything you need under one roof. Check out these Holiday Favorites.I like to stock up on things that make jazzing up holiday leftovers a breeze.
Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Mix can be used in almost limitless ways to flavor up leftovers and Glad Storage Containers keep your leftovers fresh until you’re ready to use them. I love that you can see through them to identify the food inside.
To make these Mashed Potato Croquettes I mixed some green onions, ham, cheddar cheese, an egg, and some Ranch seasoning into leftover mashed potatoes. I coated them in Panko crumbs and fried them until crispy in a pan with some oil. Then I mixed some more Ranch seasoning into sour cream for a flavorful finish. If you are a huge fan of Ranch like I am, you will love the taste of these Mashed Potato Croquettes!
What do you like to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers? Do you have any #freshholidaytips ?
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Hidden Valley Dips Mix Original Ranch, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup finely diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Panko or bread crumbs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil, divided
- Place mashed potatoes in a large bowl and stir in 1 tablespoon of Ranch mix. Add egg and mix in well.
- Add green onions, diced ham, and shredded cheddar, and stir to combine. Shape into golf ball-sized balls and flatten some. Coat each side in Panko crumbs and place on a baking sheet
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan. Place half of croquettes in pan and cook until golden brown on bottom. Flip over and cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Repeat with second batch, using remaining oil.
- Stir remaining ranch mix into sour cream and serve with croquettes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Glad & Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.