Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole has it all! Both sausage and bacon, cheese, green onions, ranch seasoning and sour cream. It’s packed full of flavor.
Once you have it assembled, it takes 55 to 60 minutes to bake. This casserole is loaded with both bacon and sausage so it will appeal to your bacon fans and your sausage fans.
CAN THIS RECIPE BE PREPPED THE NIGHT BEFORE?
Yes, fully assemble the casserole and refrigerate it overnight. Since the tater tots will be fully defrosted, it may cook a little faster.
HOW TO STORE THIS BREAKFAST CASSEROLE?
Can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days and reheated in the microwave or for a crisper texture, the toaster oven or air fryer. I love my air fryer for reheating leftovers!
HOW TO MAKE LOADED TATER TOT BREAKFAST CASSEROLE?
- Cook the bacon and sausage.
- Place the bacon, sausage, tater tots, cheese, and green onions in a baking dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, sour cream, and ranch seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over tater tots. At this point you can refrigerate it to cook the next day or go ahead and bake it.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25 mintes. Uncover and bake another 20 to 35 minutes or until crispy.
You can use half cheddar/half Pepper Jack if you want a little spiciness.
Twelve ounces of browned and crumbled ground brekfast sausage can be used instead of sausage links.
I don’t thaw the tater tots first, but I do let them sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Take them out of the freezer when you are ready to cook the bacon and sausage and you will be good.
Try These Other Amazing Breakfast Casseroles:
- Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Cheese English Muffin Casserole
- Sausage and Crescent Roll Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (12-ounce) package breakfast sausage links, cooked and then sliced
- 1 (30 to 32-ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (1-ounce) package Ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tater tots, bacon, sausage, cheddar cheese, and green onions in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, sour cream and Ranch seasoning.
- Pour egg mixture over tater tots. Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 to 35 more minutes. It is done when the top is golden and crispy and the eggs are set.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole”
This was a delicious tater tot dish! I managed to mess it up a bit by using only 7 extra large eggs instead of 8 (next time I’ll use the full amount) and by somehow failing to whisk the mixture completely, with the result that there were big globs of sour cream on top of the casserole and one whole egg yolk that I failed to whisk (no idea how that happened!). I also used a 9.5 ounce package of pre-cooked breakfast sausage, which was fine, plus all I had to do was slice them up. Anyway, it turned out well in the end, and this will go on my list of tater tot recipes that I frequently make.