Stuffed Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole is a wonderful make-ahead breakfast casserole for the holidays.
How To Serve Stuffed Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
Perfect for Christmas or Easter morning when you have a houseful of people. Just assemble it the night before and pop it in the oven 45 minutes before you are ready to eat. Also great for using up leftover Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas ham. Serve with fruit salad and a bowl full of Crock Pot Grits.
I love a good breakfast casserole. This one is very similar to this Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole except it’s made from mini ham croissants
You’ll need about 10 mini croissants for this recipe. Cut each one in half and make 10 mini ham and swiss sandwiches. Place them in a 9×13-inch baking dish and pour a mixture of eggs, half-and-half, and heavy cream over them.
Type of Ham To Use
You can use deli ham for this recipe or you can use leftover Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas ham. Use as much or as little ham as you like.
You’ll need to cover the pan with foil about halfway through the cooking time so the tops of the croissants don’t get too brown.
Lighten it up by using milk instead of half-and-half.
Make It Spicy
If you want to make this casserole spicy, add half a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Breakfast Casseroles
- Sausage and Crescent Roll Casserole
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Biscuit Bubble Up
- Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Grits Casserole with Smoked Sausage
- 10 small croissants, cut in half
- 3/4 pound deli-sliced ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Stuff each croissant with ham and cheese like you would if you were making a sandwich, evenly distributing the ham and cheese between the 10 croissants.
- Place them in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, heavy cream, half-and-half, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Pour mixture over croissants.
- Use a fork or spatula to press croissants down into liquid as much as possible. If you can't get the tops of the croissants submerged at all, spoon the liquid over them.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and green onion.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking dish in oven for 40 to 45 minutes, covering with foil after 25 minutes so the top doesn't get too brown.