Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole has a golden crescent roll crust topped with a savory ham, egg, and cheese mixture with red bell pepper. So much deliciousness in every bite!
This casserole can be assembled in just minutes and then baked in 30 to 35 minutes. It is a great way to use up leftover holiday ham.
But what I really love about this recipe is it can be assembled the night before and refrigerated, making it perfect for family brunches when you have a house full of people.
How To Serve Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole
Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole is great served with a fruits salad like this Creamy Fruit Salad. But no need to just serve this casserole for breakfast. It also makes an easy weeknight meal. Prep it the night before or in the morning and then you just have to pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
The crescent roll dough forms a yummy crust on the bottom and both it and the eggs puff up giving the casserole a wonderful texture.
You can use either a crescent roll sheet or the roll dough that has the perforations.
You can use all cheddar, a combination of cheddar and swiss, or a combination of cheddar and pepper jack cheese for a little kick.
To make this dish spicy, try using pepper jack cheese and a little diced jalapeno.
You can use either leftover holiday ham or you can buy it pre-diced at the grocery store.
Leftovers will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave, air fryer, or in a 350 degree oven.
This casserole can be frozen for up to 2 months. Bake it first and let it cool completely and then wrap it well.
Above: Ingredients Needed
Unroll the dough in a baking dish and then scatter the ham and bell pepper on top.
Top with the shredded cheese and then pour the egg mixture over everything.
Try These Other Breakfast Casseroles
- Loaded Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Everything Bagel Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Cheese English Muffin Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
- Breakfast Biscuit Bubble Up
Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole
- 1 (8-count) can refrigerated Crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.Unroll the crescent roll dough and place it in the bottom of the baking dish so that it covers the bottom.
- Sprinkle ham and bell pepper evenly over the crescent dough.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the ham.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.Pour over casserole.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set all the way through.
2 thoughts on “Ham and Cheese Crescent Breakfast Casserole”
I have made quite a few of your recipes I’ve found here. However, I’ve recently had my doctor tell me that my A1c is a 6. He wants me to lose weight!!! By avoiding sugar as much as possible and cutting back on carbs I am doing well. BUT…. do you have any recipes that would be of help for me?
I actually have a second website with lighter recipes and low carb recipes- https://skinnysouthernrecipes.com/