King Cake Cracker Candy- flavored with cinnamon and covered with white chocolate, this easy cracker candy is perfect for a Mardi Gras celebration.
What’s To Love About King Cake Cracker Candy
You get the flavor of King Cake in a sweet and salty candy that couldn’t be easier to make. Plus it can easily be made a day or two in advance and can be stored at room temperature. It’s the perfect crunchy treat.
Ingredients Needed For King Cake Cracker Candy
- Saltine Crackers– Ritz crackers can be substituted.
- Salted Butter– You can use unsalted butter if that’s what you have.
- Brown Sugar– I use light but dark can be used instead. Dark brown sugar just has more of a molasses flavor.
- Vanilla Extract– for a little extra flavor.
- Ground Cinnamon– an ingredient always found in a traditional King Cake.
- White Chocolate Chips
- Purple, Green, and Yellow sanding sugar or sprinkles for decoration. If you can’t find them at a grocery store, you can order them online or try Hobby Lobby or Michaels.
- Large Rimmed Baking Sheet– 10×15-inch is the perfect size.
- Parchment Paper
- Saucepan- A good quality saucepan like this one ensures the brown sugar mixture doesn’t burn. Buy quality equipment and it will last a lifetime.
Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container or ziplock bag for up to a week.
More Mardi Gras Recipes
- Mardi Gras Pound Cake
- Praline Brownies
- Bananas Foster Cupcakes
- Homemade Beignets
- Biscuit Beignets
- Cinnamon-Pecan King Cake
- 40- 44 Saltine crackers
- 1 cup salted butter, cut in pieces so it melts faster
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped pecans
- green, yellow, and purple decorative sugar or sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.Spray the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange Saltine crackers in a single layer on parchment paper.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to mix together. Boil for 3 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon and immediately pour over crackers.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes and then immediately sprinkle white chocolate chips on top. Let sit for 3 to 5 minutes and then gently spread the melted chocolate with a spatula until as smooth as you can get it.Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the crackers.
- Decorate with sprinkles.Place in refrigerator until set and then break into pieces.