Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Meatloaf is stuffed with cream cheese and diced jalapenos and wrapped in bacon. So much flavor in this spicy meatloaf!
The cream cheese middle turns a regular meatloaf into a creamy, rich meal. Crispy, salty bacon on the outside and a creamy, rich interior make this meatloaf a real winner.
I have a soft spot for meatloaf. It is one of my favorite comfort foods. Scroll down for more meatloaf recipes.
The meatloaf mixture is a simple mixture of ground beef, onion, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, basil, seasoned salt, and pepper. The cream cheese middle helps keep the meatloaf moist and tender and it makes every bite taste so rich.
This meatloaf is plenty big to serve a family of 4 for 2 meals. Leftovers will keep for about 4 days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe Tips:
Use 2 to 3 jalapenos, depending on how spicy you want this recipe.
I like to use lean ground beef so that the meatloaf isn’t greasy, but not too lean or it will be really dry. Between 85% and 90% is perfect.
Thin cut bacon works better than thick cut bacon.
If you like the flavor of jalapeno poppers, you are going to love this meatloaf.
Try These Other Meatloaf Recipes:
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Meatloaf
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into long, thin pieces
- 2 to 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 slices bacon, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together.
- Shape half the ground beef mixture into a 9x5-inch rectangle on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the cream cheese and jalapenos down the middle.
- Cover the cream cheese and jalapenos with the remaining meat mixture, pressing along the edges to completely seal the inside.
- Brush the tops and the sides of the meatloaf with the ketchup.Place the bacon slices side by side on top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.