Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf Muffins- these individual-size meatloaf muffins are stuffed with cream cheese, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese and topped with bacon. This spicy meatloaf is sure to leave your tastebuds wanting more.
This recipe can be prepped in advance and then it only takes about 5 minutes to assemble the meatloaf muffins and 20 minutes to bake. Totally doable for a weeknight meal.
To Make In Advance:
- Mix together the cream cheese mixture. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed. If you are making it in advance and it is refrigerated, there is no need to stick it in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Mix together all the meatloaf ingredients (except ketchup and bacon) in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
Which Ground Beef To Use
You don’t want ground beef that’s too lean (will make the meatloaf dry) or too fat (they will be greasy). 85 to 90% lean is perfect.
Jalapeno Popper Meatloaf Muffins Recipe Tip
The cream cheese mixture that gets stuffed in the middle must be chilled first or it will completely melt into the muffins.
How To store
Leftovers will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
Can You Freeze Meatloaf Muffins?
Yes! While they can be frozen raw, I prefer to freeze them after they are baked. Be sure to cool them completely and then place them in a resealable freezer bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven.
What To Serve With Jalapeno Meatloaf Muffins
Great sides to serve with this recipe are Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes, a garden salad with Creamy Italian Dressing, Super Creamy Mac and Cheese, and Southern-Style Green Beans. This Old-Fashioned Cabbage Casserole is another great side.
More Meatloaf Recipes
- Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- Stove Top Meatloaf
- Cheesy Chipotle Meatloaf
- Old School Meatloaf
- Italian Meatloaf
- Dill Pickle Meatloaf
- Mini BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ⅔ cup finely diced onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno until evenly combined. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin really well with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs and milk in a large bowl. Let sit 1 minute.
- Add eggs, ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and pepper. Gently stir to mix evenly.
- Fill the bottom half of each muffin cup with meatloaf mixture.Place a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of each one. Add meatloaf mixture to each one to cover the cream cheese, shaping it into a muffin to seal the cream cheese in.
- Squirt ketchup on top of each muffin.Cut bacon in thirds and place a piece on top of each muffin. Top each one with a jalapeno slice.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes in the muffin tin and then run a knife around the edge of each muffin and lift them out carefully.