Instant Pot Pulled Pork gets mouthwatering tender in a shorter amount of time than the oven or slow cooker. It’s perfectly seasoned with a brown sugar spice rub and a sweet and tangy Dr. Pepper bbq sauce.
Instant Pot Pulled Pork can be on the table in just over an hour.
I love to serve this super flavorful pulled pork on buns with Buttermilk Coleslaw and a side of Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad. Instant Pot Pulled Pork makes a delicious meal. This recipe makes 6 servings and is a great summer bbq meal or casual weeknight dinner.
I love cooking in my Instant Pot. With the Instant Pot, you can get meats as tender as in a crock pot or oven in just a fraction of the time.
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, I recommend trying one of these slow cooker pulled pork recipes:
WHAT TYPE OF MEAT TO USE FOR THIS RECIPE?
I recommend using pork butt, but pork shoulder or pork loin can be used instead.
IS THIS DISH SPICY?
This pulled pork is mostly sweet and tangy. There are some red pepper flakes in the spice rub which give it a little heat. For more heat, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
WHAT KIND OF BBQ SAUCE TO USE?
I use Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. It is thick and has a sweet and smoky flavor. You can use any bbq sauce you like, but I would stay away from any that are too vinegary since 1/4 cup of vinegar is added.
IDEAS FOR USING LEFTOVER PULLED PORK:
This pulled pork will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or can be frozen for later use. Leftovers make a great filling for tacos or quesadillas or topping for baked potatoes.
Try These Other Amazing Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Country-Style Ribs
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 4-pound boneless pork butt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Coke or Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce, divided
- Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut the pork into 5 or 6 pieces. Rub spice rub into all sides of pork.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Saute". When hot, add oil. When oil heats up, add half the pork. Cook until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside. Brown remaining pork.
- When second batch or pork is browned, hit "Cancel" on Instant Pot. Return all pork to Instant Pot.Pour coke, vinegar, and 1 cup of BBQ Sauce over pork.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" for 60 minutes. Make sure valve is in sealing position.
- Let do a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. Open valve and remove lid when the pin drops.
- Remove pork and shred it. Discard all but 1 cup of the liquid in the Instant Pot. Mix remaining 1 cup bbq sauce into the 1 cup of liquid. Return pork to Instant Pot.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.