Instant Pot Country Style Ribs- you won’t believe how tender and flavorful country-style ribs cooked in a pressure cooker are. Wonderfully juicy and slathered in bbq sauce. These ribs have lots of smokiness.
Country-style ribs are one of my favorite cuts of meat.
What are Country-Style Ribs?
They technically aren’t ribs at all. They are cut from the end of the loin near the pork shoulder and contain small pieces of shoulder blade. Compared to ribs, they are almost all meat. I find they have just the right amount of fat and cook up wonderfully ten
Country-Style Ribs are deicious baked in the oven, but so much better made in the pressure cooker. So tender, juicy and moist. Cooking them in the pressure cooker greatly reduces the cooking time.
Tips for making:
- This 6-quart Instant Pot is perfect for cooking countrys style ribs.
- Use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe. I like one thats thick, smoky, and both sweet and spicy.
- I like to give the ribs a quick broil at the end after slathering them with bbq sauce.
What to serve with Instant Pot Country-Style Ribs:
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cowboy Beans
- Instant Pot Southern Green Beans
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 pounds country stlye ribs
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup bbq sauce, plus more for serving
- Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the rub over all sides of the ribs and rub it in. If possible refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- Place beef broth and liquid smoke in a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot.
- Add ribs. Pour bbq sauce over ribs. Place lid on. Set to Pressure Cook on high for 40 minutes. Make sure the valve is in sealing position.
- Do a natural pressure release for 15 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure. Remove lid.
- Carefully remove ribs from the Instant Pot and place them on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle them with more bbq sauce and broil them until they start to get bubbly and a little charred.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
55 thoughts on “Instant Pot Country Style Ribs”
Made this for dinner for the family when we had evening sports on a school day. It was done in no time. We even had time to eat before softball practice.
When I made my ribs, I used 8 ribs, I defrosted them in the microwave. I used 1 cup of vegetable broth in the pot. Placed the ribs on top, and poured over bbq sauce from the store. ..I didn’t completely cover it all entirely, but enough to be sure each one had sauce over it.. perhaps 3/4 of a bottle..no measurements. Some ribs had to lay on others in the pot. I then used red potatoes..8 cut in quarters or smaller. I also cut up carrots.. about 6 and added them along with the potatoes. In addition, I used a medium sized red onion and chopped them in small pieces and placed them on top of the carrots and potatoes. I then added another squirt or 2 for good measure. I timed the pressure cooker for 45 to 48 minutes. I let the cooker self vent. When completed, I scooped out a potion and added a bit more bbq sauce over it. It’s up to one’s taste. It turned out wonderful with great flavor. The carrots and potatoes were not mushy, so all a meal in one..no using the oven for browning….the ribs were tender and juicy.
I made these last night and they were delicious!
These were so good. I used a con you regular and spicy bbq sauce. These were so tasty and easy to make. I will definitely be adding this to my regular meal planning.
Oh sticky goodness! These were amazing and finger lickin good. Thank you for an amazing recipe. I won’t cook country ribs any other way now.
Best recipe I’ve come across for country style ribs. My ribs came out great due to this recipe! Many thanks and blessings!!
i have made this several times nd it comes out perfect each time.
The ribs are so tender and packed full of flavor.definately a family favorite.
This is a great Recipe for the ribs. They come out so soft and tender. They taste terrific.
Turned out great!! Only complaint was that I didn’t make enough! Thank you for sharing!
I followed the basics and it came out GREAT!!! I tweaked the rub and I am not a fan of liquid smoke, I prefer to get my smoke from a charcoal grill BUT the basics for this recipe are SOLID! Obviously, if you don’t have a grill or the time to wait for the charcoal to be ready then sure, cheat with the liquid smoke but it’s still cheating!!! Hahahaha ENJOY!