French Onion Beef Casserole has a creamy noodle filling with ground beef and French onion dip topped with cheddar cheese and French-fried onions. This easy casserole is pure comfort food.
Ingredients Needed For French Onion Beef Casserole
- 10 ounces dried egg noodles– just cook the noodles to al dente since they will cook a little more in the oven. This will prevent them from getting mushy.
- Lean Ground Beef– I use 93%. You can use ground beef with a higher fat content but you will need to drain the grease off after you brown it.
- 2 cans Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (15-ounce) jar French Onion Dip– gives the casserole lots of creaminess and onion flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce– adds salty flavor.
- Cheddar Cheese– half gets mixed in and half sprinkled on top.
- 2 cups French-fried onions– this is alot. Just use 1 cup if you prefer.
This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to bake it.
Ground turkey or ground chicken can be used instead of ground beef.
Swiss cheese or mozzarella cheese can be substituted for cheddar.
Penne pasta or elbow macaroni can be used instead of egg noodles.
How To Make Spicy
If you want to make this dish spicy, either cook a diced jalapeno or two with the ground beef or add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the filling.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. This casserole can be frozen for up to 2 months. Assemble it and freeze before baking. Thaw in the fridge overnight and then bake as directed.
More Easy Casserole Recipes
- Million Dollar Chicken Alfredo
- Jalapeno Chili Cornbread Casserole
- Beef Stroganoff Casserole
- French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Beef Florentine Casserole
- 10 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15-ounce) jar French Onion Dip
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions.
- Cook and crumble the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add soups, French onion dip, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and half the cheddar cheese. Stir in.Remove from heat and stir in the cooked noodles.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and then sprinkle on onions.
- Bake for 25 minutes.