Million Dollar Chicken Alfredo is chicken alfredo in casserole form. So creamy and rich with a thick layer of melted cheese on top. It is always a crowd favorite!
This is such a great recipe to prepare for company. It is ultra rich so it will feed a ton of people. Especially if you serve it with a green salad and garlic bread.
Creamy, Cheesy Texture
A combination of cream cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream and a jar of alfredo sauce makes one super creamy and rich casserole. In addition to all the creaminess, there’s 4 types of cheese on top. Provolone cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar and Parmesan.
Tips For Making Million Dollar Chicken Alfredo
- I prefer using rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Not only is it super convenient, rottiserie chickens are well-seasoned and moist and hold up well in a casserole.
- Be sure not to overcook the pasta. If anything, you want to slightly undercook it. It will cook more in the oven.
- I’ve used fettuccine, but you could use spaghetti, penne, cavatappi, or linguine..
- You can make this casserole vegetarian by substituting the chicken with steamed broccoli.
- This casserole can be assembled up to 8 hours ahead of time and refrigerated. Try to leave it at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking or add a few minutes to the bake time.
More Chicken Casseroles
- Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Spinach Casserole
- French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 6 thin slices Provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta in salted water to al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Add butter and cream cheese and stir until melted and blended in.
- Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread the chicken evenly over the pasta.
- Pour alfredo sauce over the chicken.
- Arrange provolone slices on top and sprinkle with mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Originally posted December 21, 2019.