Creamy Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dinners. I love that this one has a little cream to give it a richer taste without being too heavy. It compliments the lemon flavor so well.
This Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is easy and quick enough to prepare for a weeknight meal but delicious and impressive enough for a special occasion.
Chicken breasts are coated in bread crumbs and pan-fried in a mixture of butter and olive oil. I like to cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make thinner pieces. They cook faster and much more evenly.
An easy sauce is made from garlic, lemon juice, chicken broth, cream, Parmesan cheese, and of course lots of capers.
I use freshly grated Parmesan cheese that I grate with a Microplane Grater. It has a much fresher taste than pre-grated Parmesan cheese from the store.
To thicken the sauce some, I add a little cornstarch dissolved in water. I love to serve Creamy Chicken Piccata over noodles or mashed potatoes.
Creamy Chicken Piccata has a creamy, lemon-flavored sauce with Parmesan cheese and capers.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut half horizontally to make 4 thinner breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced lemon and chopped parsley for garnish
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. Place bread crumbs on a second plate.
- Coat both sides of chicken in flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place butter and oil in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to drippings left in pan. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream to pan. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Simmer 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and capers to pan.
- Return chicken to pan. Remove from heat and serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
More Chicken Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.