Creamy Chicken Piccata is one of my favorite dinners. I love that this one has a little cream to give it a richer taste without being too heavy. It compliments the lemon flavor so well.
This Creamy Chicken Piccata recipe is easy and quick enough to prepare for a weeknight meal but delicious and impressive enough for a special occasion.
Chicken breasts are coated in bread crumbs and pan-fried in a mixture of butter and olive oil. I like to cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make thinner pieces. They cook faster and much more evenly.
An easy sauce is made from garlic, lemon juice, chicken broth, cream, Parmesan cheese, and of course lots of capers.
I use freshly grated Parmesan cheese that I grate with a Microplane Grater. It has a much fresher taste than pre-grated Parmesan cheese from the store.
To thicken the sauce some, I add a little cornstarch dissolved in water. I love to serve Creamy Chicken Piccata over noodles or mashed potatoes.
If you love chicken in creamy sauces, try these chicken breasts in a creamy mushroom sauce. So good!
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Instagram and Facebook.
Creamy Chicken Piccata
- 2 chicken breasts, cut half horizontally to make 4 thinner breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced lemon and chopped parsley for garnish
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. Place bread crumbs on a second plate.
- Coat both sides of chicken in flour, dip in egg mixture, and then coat with bread crumbs.
- Place butter and oil in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic to drippings left in pan. Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and heavy cream to pan. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Simmer 1 minute.
- Add Parmesan cheese and capers to pan.
- Return chicken to pan. Remove from heat and serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Chicken Favorites
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken (Cracker Barrel copycat)
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
7 thoughts on “Creamy Chicken Piccata”
Oh my gosh this looks so good! I am over here drooling over this dish right now. I am all over this. I can’t even stop starring.
Your chicken piccata in the cream sauce looks delicious.
Mmmmmm…..yum. This looks totally amazing. I’m just starring at the screen looking at how delicious they look.
It’s been so long since I’ve had chicken piccata. I love that little bit of saltiness from the capers. This would impress everyone!
I used to order this all the time and it’s been too long. Needless to say, your post and these photos have me drooling!
I love ordering chicken piccata at restaurants, but I’ve never thought to make my own before! I definitely need to change that after seeing this recipe. Looks SO good, Christin!
Now I’m wondering why I have never made Chicken Piccata before?! This looks and sounds amazing — I love ALL of those flavors! Definitely going on the to-make list.