Creamy Pepperoncini Chicken is a skillet recipe that really has a nice peppery kick. Chicken tenderloins are coated in a rich and creamy sauce with roasted red peppers and tons of pepperoncini peppers.
Make In Under 30 Minutes
This recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and is great for a weeknight meal.
- Butter and Oil– to sear the chicken. You can use all oil if you prefer.
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Salt and Pepper
- Onion– yellow, white, or sweet.
- Garlic– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder can be substituted.
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream– Half-and-Half can be substituted but the sauce will not be as rich or as thick.
- Italian Seasoning– can use dried basil instead.
- Parmesan cheese– I use a block of parmesan cheese and shred it on the small holes of a box grater.
- Roasted Red Peppers– can substitute sliced sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pepperoncini Peppers– add more or less depending on how much you love them.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes– added for a little extra spice. Double the amount for a really spicy dish or leave them out if you only want the heat of the pepperoncini peppers.
Large Cast Iron Skillet– a cast iron skillet like this one is great for cooking with because cast iron retains heat so well and will last for generations if properly cared for. If you don’t have one, you can use a nonstick skillet or stainless steel.
Can I Use Chicken Breasts Instead of Tenderloins?
Yes, you can use chicken breasts instead of tenders. You can either cook them whole (will take longer) or cut them into strips the size of tenderloins. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs will work as well.
Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a microwave.
More Recipes Using Pepperoncini Peppers
- Pepperoncini Garlic Bread
- Pepperoncini Pasta Sauce
- Three Cheese Pepperoncini Spread
- Instant Pot Mississippi Roast
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Country Ribs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup finely shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained well
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers, drained well
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat in a large cast iron skillet.Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.Note: Chicken does not have to be cooked through at this point.
- Add onion to skillet and cook 3 minutes to soften.Add garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cook until reduced by half.Stir in heavy cream and Italian seasoning. Return chicken to skillet.Simmer until heavy cream is reduced some and the chicken is cooked through.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add Parmesan cheese, roasted red peppers, pepperoncini peppers, and red pepper flakes.Stir until cheese is mixed in and melted.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.