Slow Cooker Mississippi Country Ribs are fall apart tender and have a wonderful kick from pepperoncini peppers.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Mississippi Country Ribs
These country ribs are so wonderfully juicy and flavored. I love to serve them over white rice to soak up the juices. Country ribs are high in fat and very meaty so I usually pair them with a green salad with Creamy Italian Dressing. Southern-Style Green Beans also make a great side.
What Are Country Style Ribs?
Country Style Ribs come from a different section of the pig than baby back ribs or spareribs. They come from the region where the loin meets the shoulder so they technically aren’t ribs at all. They are both fatty, muscular, and fabulously meaty and should come cut into individual ribs. They come in both boneless and bone-in form. You want country ribs with the bone-in for this recipe.
Easy Weeknight Recipe
There’s no need to sear the ribs before adding them to the slow cooker so the prep time is only about 5 minutes. Can’t beat that. At the end of cooking time, you just need to skim the fat off and they are ready to be served.
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in country style ribs
- 1 Packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Packet Au Jus Gravy Mix
- Black Pepper
- Pepperoncini Peppers– If you love the flavor of pepperoncini peppers, you can go ahead and add the whole jar. They mellow in flavor after they’ve cooked for 7 to 8 hours.
- 6-Quart or larger slow cooker. I use the Hamilton Beach Portable 6 Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker.
All slow cookers cook differently so use the cooking time as an estimate and get to know your slow cooker. The country ribs should take 7 to 8 hours to get really tender.
There will be a lot of fat in the liquid once the ribs are cooked and you’ll want to spoon the liquid over the ribs because it is so flavorul. It is helpful to use a fat separator if you have one.
Similar Recipes To Try
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Chops
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Crock Pot Creamy Mississippi Chicken
Slow Cooker Mississippi Country Ribs
- 3 to 4 pounds country style pork ribs, bone-in
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 to 12 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup juice from jar of pepperoncini peppers
- Place ribs in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Ranch seasoning, Au Jus gravy mix, and pepper on top.
- Place butter and pepperoncini peppers on top of ribs. Pour pepper juice over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Skim fat off top and serve.A fat separator is really useful for getting rid of the fat.
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Mississippi Country Ribs”
ever good and easy
I love country style ribs, I’ll try this. Have you ever made ribs and sauerkraut with this cut. I would love to see yours.