Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken has just 5 ingredients and plenty of spicy kick. I love to serve it on toasted buns with melted provolone cheese for an easy meal.
If you love the peppery kick of pepperoncini peppers, this easy slow cooker meal will be a favorite. It’s easy to make for gameday or a weeknight meal and leftovers keep wonderfully.
There’s only about 5 minutes of prep time needed to make this Mississippi Chicken. It’s a dump and go recipe and great for the busy back to school season.
To make it, combine 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a 6-quart slow cooker with a packet of Ranch seasoning, a packet of Au Jus Gravy Mix, a stick of unsalted butter and about 10-12 pepperoncini peppers. It will need 5-6 hours on LOW to cook, after which it will easily shred with 2 forks.
You won’t believe how wonderfully juicy and tender the chicken is!
The pepperoncini peppers give this chicken a nice spicy kick, but it’s definitely not over-spicy.
Tips for Making Crockpot Mississippi Chicken:
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
- You can thicken up the gravy with a little cornstarch and serve the extra gravy over mashed potatoes. So good!
- You can use frozen chicken breasts and cook on LOW for 8 hours. This is great if you are going to be gone all day.
More recipes with the kick of Pepperoncini Peppers:
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 10-12 pepperoncini peppers
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Au Jus gravy mix and Ranch seasoning on chicken.
- Place stick of butter on top. Scatter pepperoncini around chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.