Crockpot Creamy Mississippi Chicken- tender pieces of shredded chicken coated in a rich, creamy sauce with a spicy kick.
The combination of Ranch seasoning and pepperoncini peppers is to die for. It is positively heavenly! And as much as I love regular Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken, adding cream cheese makes this dish even more crave worthy. It becomes almost like a dip and it would be perfectly acceptable to serve as a dip with tortilla chips or Frito scoops.
It also makes a great sandwich, but to be honest, I like to eat it plain right out of a bowl and I sometimes even add extra pepperoncini peppers becasue I can never seem to get enough of them.
This is the simplest of recipes and only takes about 5 minutes to prep. Just place 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a slow cooker with a packet of Ranch seasoning,a packet of Au Jus Gravy Mix, 1/3 a cup of liquid from a jar or pepperoncini peppers, and about 10 pepperoncini peppers.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add them to the slow cooker. Place the lid back on for about 5 minutes. Shred the chicken and stir the cream cheese in. That’s it!
Warning- This dish is fairly salty. Ranch seasoning, Au Jus, cream cheese and even pepperoncini peppers all contain a good amount of salt. If you dig salty foods, you will love it. If you don’t love salty foods, you probably won’t dig it.
One option is to look for reduced-sodium Ranch seasoning or make a homemade Ranch seasoning that is low on salt.
Crockpot Creamy Mississippi Chicken will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
More Mississippi Style Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mississippi Beef
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pulled Pork
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 packet Au Jus gravy mix
- 1/3 cup pepperoncini juice
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. A 4 to 6-quart slow cooker works fine.
- Sprinkle ranch and Au Jus on top of chicken.
- Add the pepperoncini juice and peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to crock pot. Place lid back on for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks and stir to mix the cream cheese in.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains afffiliate links.