Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles has tons of shredded chicken, tender noodles, and lots of kick from pepperoncini peppers. This recipe is a combination of two really popular recipes: Mississippi Chicken and Chicken and Noodles.
This recipe is really simple to make. No need to pre-cook anything. Just add the chicken, a packet of Ranch seasoning, a packet of Au Jus Gravy, some pepperoncini peppers and juice, and butter to a 6-quart crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. The packets of Ranch seasoning and Au Jus add tons of flavor and saltiness to the chicken.
After 5 hours, you’ll shred the chicken and add 4 cups of chicken broth and the frozen noodles. Cover and cook on HIGH for one more hour. The starch from the noodles turns the cooking liquid into a slightly thickened gravy that is so, so tasty.
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles Recipe Tips:
- For this recipe, you’ll want to use Reames Frozen Noodles. They have a homemade, hearty texture that other noodles don’t have and they are much thicker.
- I like to use chicken thighs because they stay so tender and moist in the crock pot. You can use chicken breasts instead and cook them for 1 less hour.
- I use regular chicken broth because I like salty foods, but you may want to use low-sodium chicken broth if you don’t like a lot of salt. The Ranch seasoning and Au Jus Gravy already have a great deal of salt in them.
More Chicken Crock Pot Recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- Crock Pot Catalina Chicken
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning, I use Hidden Valley
- 1 packet Au Jus Gravy
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/3 cup of juice from pepperoncini pepper jar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 slices
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles, I use Reames
- Place chicken thighs in a 6-quart crock pot. Sprinkle with Ranch and Au Jus seasonings.
- Add peppers and pour pepperoncini pepper juice over chicken.
- Scatter butter slices evenly over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Open crock pot and shred the chicken. Add broth and stir in frozen noodles. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.