Crab Pie is similar to a quiche but has a slightly less eggy filling. Flavored with Old Bay and two types of cheese, it makes a delicious lunch.
I love to serve it paired with fresh fruit or a Creamy Fruit Salad.
This Crab Pie is loaded with fresh lump crab meat. Mayonnaise plus Swiss cheese and cheddar cheese add to the richness. It’s a simple, elegant recipe that really lets the flavor of the crab shine
HOW TO MAKE CRAB PIE:
- Prebake the pie crust. Poke holes in it first and then press a double layer of aluminum foil on top to hold the pie crust down. You can use pie weights if you have them.
- Make the filling. Whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, flour, Old Bay, salt, pepper, and eggs. Then fold in the cheese, crab, and green onions. Transfer to pie crust.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- You can use a homemade pie crust or a refrigerated or frozen pie crust.
- I recommend using fresh lump crab meat for this recipe. Backfin crab meat can be used as back-up. I don’t really recommend using canned, shelf-stable crab because the flavor is really inferior.
- Be sure to pick over the crab and remove any pieces of shell.
- If you don’t like Swiss cheese, try using Monterey Jack or mozzarella instead.
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to make it a little spicy.
- Best eaten slightly warmed.
- Leftovers will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Try These Other Awesome Crab Recipes:
- Artichoke and Crab Dip Bread
- Jalapeno Popper Crab Dip
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Easy Corn and Crab Chowder
- Crab Hush Puppies
- Cajun Crab Stuffed Jalapenos
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust, refrigerated or homemade
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Seafood seasoning or Old Bay
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie pan and crimp the edges. Use a fork to pierce holes in the bottom. Press a double layer of aluminum foil into the pie crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, flour, seafood seasoning, salt, pepper and eggs.
- Add swiss cheese, cheddar cheese, crab meat, and green onions and gently stir in.
- Transfer filling to pie crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.