This Easy Corn and Crab Chowder is fabulously creamy an couldn’t be simpler to make. It’s an ultra-rich chowder that is perfect for a chilly evening.
The sweetness of the corn really complements the sweetness of the crab. They combine in perfect harmony.
Serve it with oyster crackers or Saltines and get ready for a wonderfully comforting meal. This is the quickest and easiest crab soup ever!
What Makes This Corn and Crab Soup So Easy?
Three cans of condensed soup (2 potato and 1 mushroom). But you will never guess there’s canned soup in it. It completely tastes homemade.
The soup along with 8 ounces of cream cheese gets blended in a blender so that the soup is ultra creamy and smooth. Then this mixture is combined with half-and-half, Old Bay seasoning, and canned corn in a Dutch oven. It just needs to simmer for 10 minutes and then the crab is added. Just a few more minutes and this chowder is ready to dish up.
Easy Corn and Crab Chowder can be on the table in under 20 minutes. There’s a full pound of lump crab meat added for lots of seafood flavor.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days.
If you’re looking for a from-scratch Crab Chowder try this Crab and Corn Chowder.
I recommend using lump crabmeat, but you can use special crab or claw crab to save money.
Try These Other Cold Weather Soup Recipes
- Crock Pot Cheesy Corn and Ham Chowder
- Cajun Shrimp and Corn Chowder
- Spicy Chicken and Corn Chowder
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder
- Slow Cooker Spicy Cabbage Beef Soup
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teapsoon black pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- Place all 3 cans of soup and the cream cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.Transfer mixture to a large Dutch oven.
- Add half-and half and bring to a simmer.
- Once it starts to simmer, add the remaining ingredients except the crab and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the crab and simmer for 2 more minutes. Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.