Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust is such an easy dessert. It’s like a peanut butter cup in a sugar cookie crust. So much peanut butter flavor and only 6 ingredients needed.
I love any kind of pie and for me, pie is all about the crust. Whether it be a buttery pastry pie crust, an oreo crust, or a graham cracker crust, I love them all.
A tube of refrigerated cookie dough makes an awesome pie crust too and it’s so easy. Just press the cookie dough into the pie pan and bake it until it starts to get golden.
The crust is the only part of this pie that needs to be baked. The filling is a simple combination of peanut butter, powdered sugar, water, and melted butter. It’s a dense filling with lots of peanut butter flavor, just like the middle of a peanut butter cup. On top is a wonderful chocolate layer made by combining melted chocolate chips and butter.
Chocolate Topped Peanut Butter Pie with Sugar Cookie Crust Recipe Tips:
Let the cookie dough sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes so that it will be easier to spread in the pie pan.
Be careful not to overcook the cookie crust or it will make a hard and crunchy pie crust.
I like to serve this pie with a little whipped cream but it is perfectly delicious on its own.
For extra peanut butter flavor you could use a tube of peanut butter cookie dough for the crust.
Peanut butter and chocolate desserts are some of my favorite. Try these other recipes:
- Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Grahams
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- 1 (16-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press cookie dough into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Place peanut butter in a large bowl with 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup of water, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Press the peanut butter mixture into the sugar cookie crust.
- Combine chocolate chips and 4 tablespoons of butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Pour over peanut butter mixture.
- Chill for 1 hour to set the chocolate. Cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream if desired.
Want to Save This Recipe?