Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Danishes are wonderfully easy to make with a tube of crescent roll dough. The buttery dough is filled with a cream cheese and sour cream mixture with chocolate chips and drizzled with a simple glaze.
These easy danishes only take about 15 minutes to make. The filling is a little tangy with just the right amount of sweetness. You can sprinkle a few chocolate chips on or really load them up.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP CREAM CHEESE DANISHES:
This recipe starts with a tube of crescent roll dough. You’ll take it out of the tube, but don’t unroll it. Cut it into 8 slices and position them so they are cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Next you’re going to shape them into a shallow bowl shape by flattening them in the middle and stretching them some.
Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat together 4 ounces of cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons sour cream and some vanilla extract until smooth. Divide the mixture evenly between the 8 pieces of crescent roll dough.
Sprinkle them with chocolate chips and bake them for about 15 minutes.
Whisk together some powdered sugar and milk and drizzle the mixture on the danishes.
Danishes don’t get any easier than this. They’re a great addition to a holiday or family brunch.
More Breakfast Pastries:
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes
- Cream Cheese Crescent Danishes
- Blueberry Kolaches
- Bisquick Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Pigs in a Blanket
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Danishes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-count) tube crescent roll dough
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand-held electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Cut the roll of crescent roll dough into 8 slices. Place them cut side down on the prepared baking dish. Strech and flatten them in the middle so that you have a middle part to fill with filling.
- Fill each center with cream cheese mixture and then sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Let cool 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over the danishes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.