These Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes use crescent roll dough and strawberry preserves for a quick and easy breakfast pastry. They’re covered in a simple cream cheese glaze for some extra sweetness. During strawberry season you could chop up some fresh strawberries and add them to the filling.
This recipe starts with a tube of refrigerated crescent roll dough. I almost always have a tube of it in my refrigerator. It’s so versatile and really gives you a head-start in making easy meals like Crescent Lasagna.
Look for the new Crescent roll sheet that Pillsbury makes. It’s just one piece of dough and perfect for making these Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes. But in a pinch, you can use the regular crescent roll dough and just press the preforations to seal the dough into one piece.
The dough is spread with strawberry preserves and then lots of cream cheese that has been sweetened with powdered sugar. Just a little almond extract is added for flavoring.
The dough is rolled up cinnamon roll-style and cut into slices. Each one is placed in a greased muffin cup for easy baking. Sliced almonds get sprinkled on top and they are baked for about 20 minutes and then covered with glaze. They are so good you will have a hard time not eating more than one.
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 8 regular size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, mix 6 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and almond extract together until smooth. (The remaining 2 ounces cream cheese will be used for a glaze.)
- Unroll the crescent dough on a lightly floured surface. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on dough.
- Spread strawberry preserves over cream cheese.
- Starting at 1 long side, roll into a log. Cut into 8 slices.
- Place slices cut side up in muffin cups. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then run a knife around the edge of each one and remove from pan.
- To make glaze, use electrec mixer to mix remaining 2 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, and milk. Spread a spoonful on each danish.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Paula Deen
More Strawberry Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.