Easy Cherry Danishes are made with crescent roll dough filled with cream cheese and cherry pie filling and topped with a simple glaze. Such an easy breakfast pastry!
Only 7 simple ingredients needed. Using a can of crescent roll dough makes this recipe super easy. Just cut the roll into 8 slices. Flatten them out and fill with sweetened cream cheese and cherry pie filling.
I like to use a little almond extract for some almond flavor. You can also top them with slivered almonds for a little crunch.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHERRY DANISHES:
- Unwrap the tube of crescent roll dough. Do NOT unroll the dough. Cut it into 10 slices.
- Flatten each slice with your hands, building up the edges a little to hold the cherry pie filling.
- Fill each with a spoonful of cream cheese/sugar mixture. Top with a spoonful or two of cherry pie filling.
- Bake for 18 minutes. If any of the cherries slide off, just scoop them up and place them back on top.
- Make the glaze and drizzle on the danishes.
These Easy Cherry Danishes are great for breakfast or brunch.
You will have a little cherry pie filling left over. Youe can use it for an ice cream or pancake topping.
Best eaten right away but can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days and reheated in a toaster oven.
TRY THESE OTHER EASY DANISH RECIPES:
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Danishes
- Easy Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes
- Cream Cheese Crescent Danishes
More Recipes Using Cherry Pie Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (8-count) roll refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand-held mixer to beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Set aside.Note: If you don't have an electric mixer, you can use a wooden spoon.
- Open the container of crescent rolls, but do NOT unroll the dough.Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut through the log of dough to form 10 slices.
- Flatten each piece of dough and build up the sides a little so that it is like a saucer.
- Place the dough rounds on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.Drop a spoonful of cream cheese mixture on each one and top with a spoonful of cherry mixture.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden around the edges.If some of the cherries slide off, just spoon them back onto the danishes.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Once danishes have cooled slightly, drizzle glaze on them.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.